Thursday, February 15, 2007

 

Seth D. Edmondson (1970-2007)

Dear Friends, I am so very sad to tell you that Seth passed away yesterday afternoon at home. We were having a normal afternoon and getting ready to watch a movie, when Seth began coughing and was unable to breathe. I can tell you that he left this world suddenly, very quickly, and by the grace of God, without pain. His death was a shock, but by no means unexpected, given the advanced stage of his cancer. After all Seth had been through in the past year, I felt that this was a gift from above that he did not suffer, and was not in some hospital room far from home. Only a few hours before, my valentine had hugged me tight, told me how proud he was of me, and how much he wished he could do more with me and the boys. I am the one who is so proud to call myself his wife and best friend.

Tomorrow the obituary should appear in the Centre Daily Times and Harrisburg Patriot-News. Visitation will be on Sunday at Koch Funeral Home, 2401 S. Atherton Street, State College from 2-4pm and 6-8pm. The funeral is Monday at 1:30 pm at Grace Lutheran Church, 205 S. Garner Street in downtown State College. In lieu of flowers, an education fund for our three young boys has been established for those wishing to make a contribution. These can be sent to: Nittany Bank, 1300 N. Atherton Street, State College, PA 16803, with a notation for the Edmondson Children Fund.

Seth and I have been so blessed by the outpouring of your love, prayers, and support over this past year. He and I have appreciated this more than I can ever possibly express. Seth touched many people's lives, and I can tell you that he felt your love in return! God bless you all, and please keep our family in your prayers.
With love,
Jenny

Comments:
http://www.legacy.com/centredaily/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=86462409

The legacy he leaves will fill all of our lives.
 
Jenny -

My families thoughts and prayers are with you. Seth is one of the finest men I have ever had the good fortune to know. Although I haven't seen him since he left TASC/AOIO (I'm in Denver), I've been able to keep up with things via this blog, and e-mail. I can tell you that the courage and strength displayed by Seth and your family has served as a daily inspiration to me and my family since your struggle began.

The world was an infinitely better place with Seth in it, and will remain that way because of the gifts he's left us all.

From my family, and all my co-workers here in Denver that were blessed to know Seth, we wish you peace.

Mitch Mastrobuono
 
Though sorrow fills my heart as I write this, it is a bittersweet sorrow. Seth lived so fully, he loved, he inspired, and he was taken so swiftly. His story has reached so many...people who never laid eyes on him have yet found encouragement in his strength and tireless pursuit of life. I will cherish always the years we spent with you guys in SD, and I thank God I was able to visit with you all last summer. I will now always remember Seth the way I last saw him, surrounded by his fun-loving boys, his beautiful wife (my VERY dear friend!) in that peaceful neighborhood in State College. We will pray for constant healing and for all the details to come together for the next steps in your journey. We love you, Seth, and we thank our Creator for taking you home so gently. You will ALWAYS be remembered, and your family will always be our family too.

Much love, Noelle & Dave, Katarina, Dane, Beau & Geneva
 
Jenny-
As these postings are almost 3 years old, I can only hope that this will find you. This is Troy Wood, Seth's roomate in Pensacola.
A few months back, I renewed an attempt find you and Seth. Over the years I have told Jana many times how much I regretted losing contact with Seth. As I came across this blog, I was devastated.

I don't have the words to adequately express my condolences to you and your boys. All I can say is that I am a significantly better man for the years that I spent around Seth and how much Jana and I enjoyed our time with you both. I have often thought of Seth as one of the rarest of men I've ever been around...the perfect combination of brilliance & humility, drive & patience, spirit of adventure & grounded pragmatism. He shared and gave so much, I can only imagine the father he grew to be.
Your loss is immense, but the gifts of many years together is immeasureable.

I recently found a few pictures from Sigonella, Sicily (NROTC Training in 1991). I'd love to share those with you and the boys.

God Bless you and the Boys.

Troy Wood
troy.wood@nicglobalms.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?