Sunday, January 28, 2007

 

Greetings from Florida !

Hello everyone,

I was hoping to post a blog entry sooner but my internet access has been limited. That's one of the few things I can complain about since our vacation is going great. We left State College last Monday, dropped off the dog with a friend, and spent the night at my parent's place in Philadelphia. CFL had arranged for a limousine to pick us up Tuesday morning and take us to the airport. The entire trip went very smoothly. The flight was half full and we got into Orlando right on schedule. The kids enjoyed the flight and were well behaved. We rented an SUV off-site and made our way to the CFL home.

It's a terrific place, 3 bedrooms and well accommodated with everything you might need. Overall, it was a very long day -- traveling really takes its toll on me, and was exhausted. We have been busy every day since then, although I have limited my time at the parks to what I can manage. My parents are here as well, which is a HUGE help. Crowds have been very light at the parks, and the weather has been on the cool side (just a little bit of rain, not bad). Jenny is at Sea World with the kids and my Dad today, while my mother and I are relaxing at their hotel. We've also been to MGM, Epcot, The Magic Kingdom, and Universal Studios. I have been using a wheelchair at the parks which prevents my back from fatiguing too quickly. Tomorrow my parents are leaving to visit some friends further south, and we will probably head out to Universal Studios for another day there.

Even for a healthy family, our schedule has been pretty hectic, but everyone is having a great time. We are flying back Tuesday and things stay busy. I have an appointment (I'm getting a full set of C/T scans) in NYC on Friday and Jenny and I will probably stay in Philadelphia while the kids head home Wednesday. I'll write more when we get back, but here are a couple of photos from the week so far.

Kids at the Airport



With Grammy at the Magic Kingdom



Me with my Parents


Comments:
Thanks for the update. Safe travels for all.

Ellis Grossnickle
 
Looking great Seth! You're missing out on some fantastic single-degree weather here in State College, don't you miss it? :-)
As usual, drop me a line if there's anything that I can help out with.
--Ryan
 
Hi Seth,

I'm glad to hear of your family's fun! Your home in time for the big ball game.

Happy Birthday to Jack from Jake.
In some ways it seems like the football cake could have been a few months ago.

Your Pals from Irwin, PA
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?