Friday, December 08, 2006

 

December Update

It’s been two weeks since my last post, so it’s about time I bring you all up to date. I would attribute my lack of blogging to being lazy and bored rather than not feeling well. I started back on my Sorafenib pills on Thanksgiving Day, but at half the dose (400 mg/day). Some of my previous symptoms have returned, but in general things have been tolerable. The biggest trouble I am having is loss of appetite. It’s a strange feeling to never really be hungry, but between my recent surgery and this drug, I have little interest in eating. I visited the doctor in New York last week and I have dropped a few pounds, so we are considering an appetite stimulant, but these drugs have their own side effects. I also don’t have a lot of energy to really stay as active as I would like. I do feel like my body is slowly getting used to the drug, so I am hoping for a continued return to normalcy.

My trip to New York was pretty uneventful, and I am returning next week for another checkup. Jenny is planning on coming with me, and we’re planning on staying with some friends in New Jersey. I also have a series of appointments the week after Christmas and we are considering trying to take the kids into the city for a day, they are always asking about coming along to New York City.

As far as Christmas goes, we are planning on staying in town and celebrating here. We cut down a large tree at a local farm and now have a decorated tree in the family room; the kids had a great time decorating. They sent off their letters to Santa this week, which were dominated heavily by Star Wars toys.

Well, that’s what is going on here. We got our first snow this week and it’s very cold and windy out today. I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and getting there Christmas shopping done early.

Take care and stay in touch.

Seth

Comments:
Seth, I think about you and pray for you just about every day. God Bless uou and your family
 
Thanks for the update. May all the State College Edmondon's enjoy the Christmas Holidays and experience the true blessings of the season.
Oh by the way....keep on Dad's tail about doing a week bike ride in 2007 ...we both need the work...thanks.
Ellis Grossnickle
 
Seth -

It was great to see you again at the holiday party, and also good to see another blog entry. Keep it up, and good luck with the appetite thing (I'll trade you ;)

-Linden
 
Good to see you at the Christmas party. Hope all is going well.

We saw Jenny and the boys at the Duck Soup Magic Show, but didn't get a chance to say hi. Tell Spencer that he is a good magician.

Regards,

Joe A.
 
Mr. Seth,
You scare me a bit when the blog goes silent; so I'm glad you wrote.

Yes, Santa is also expected to deliver Star Wars here. There's hopes for the name Lego to be written all over it. : )

Tom made his own version of huge screen movie player from PSU salvage parts. It will be a pretty cool kid reward.

Jake had spacers glued in last Wed. He's taking the food easy too.
He actually asked for "soft" peas!

I hope you bump in to Tom. He'll be in town Th. and Fri. His cell is 814-404-0601.

Leah and sleeping men
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?