Saturday, November 04, 2006

 

Started on Sorafenib


I had a busy week, traveling to and from New York. The news from the doctor was mostly very positive and I’m feeling a renewed sense of optimism about my treatment. My latest C/T scan showed mostly stable tumor size, with just a little new growth in places. Considering that I’d had only my chemotherapy treatment since August, this was very welcome news. I also had an MRI of my spine while in NY, and everything looked good there as well. I “passed” all my lab tests for the Sorafenib trial and started on the medicine on Wednesday. It’s too early to tell what side effects may manifest, but so far I’m feeling fine. I’ll be returning every two weeks (thru January) for checkups and lab work to support the trial requirements. I took the train into NY and will continue to do so for the most part, it’s very convenient.

I am continuing to gain strength and am finding it easier to stay on me feet for extended periods. My eating habits are still not back to normal, but are slowly improving. We treated the kids to dinner at Applebee’s last night and I even managed to eat most of my Oriental Chicken Wrap (always one of my favorites). I’ve gained a few pounds since I left the hospital and I’m hoping to continue the trend. The picture here is from Thursday of this week.

So that’s the latest on my treatment. Drop me a line when you have a chance and let me know how things are on your end.

Take care,
Seth

Comments:
Seth,
I had been hoping for some good news and an update on your latest trip to NYC. Glad to hear you started the new meds and are feeling stronger.
I was in NYC a few weeks ago and passed Sloan Kettering somewhere near the 50's and Lexington or First Ave, is that where you go?
Give my best to the boys and Jenny. Hope they still have some candy left, ours is gone!
Natalie
 
Great to hear your strength is coming back. Hope the treatment goes well.

Ellis Grossnickle
 
Just ran across your blog because of a google alert on Spinal Turmors. Damn, your awful youg to be having this kind of thing. Glad the treatment is doing good. You need to look at alternative therapies, especially FlasSeed Oil w/CC, Essiac Tea, Graviola and others as well. Most of this can be done with conventional therapy, and has took care of the problem for many 1000"s of people. Research hard with your search engine on the Web. Also, your diet, such as Applebee's & all other fast food places would need to be changed. Good luck & GOD Bless you and your family! Dave
 
Hi Seth,

You look great! At last, some really good news. Hang in there. Jenny, talk to you soon.

Lata
 
Seth! Just got back from a two week trip (without a computer) and thought about you guys often. Was eager to come home, check your blog, and happy to see that you are doing so well. Was also great to see your smile!! Thanks for keeping us all updated.
News on this end: a possible move to New Mexico (Andrew has an interview Thursday) and Morgan did her first potty on the "throne" today. All very exciting.
We sure think about you guys a lot and love the positive news.
With continued support and prayers,
Melanie and family
 
how wonderful!! So glad to read that you are regaining physical strength -- your inner strength is amazing! Sounds like things are moving in a positive direction, again, just wonderful!
The busy time of the year for the farm, harvest, is over which is nice. Ryan is overseas for about a month more.. thought we were done with that, but the Air Natl Guard had other plans. He is doing well, but we are ready to be done.... 4th time with this! But his time isn't as long as so many others, so we are lucky.
Always thinking and praying for you. Hello and hugs to Jenny and the boys.
take care,
Kris
 
Seth, you're looking great! Glad the treatment is going well.

All of Kathy's kids are now out of the house and we are spending all of our free time (and money) on a house that we're building just south of Reno. They're roofing it right now, so it is moving right along. I thought building a house was stressful, but it is nothing compared to what you are going through... know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers. We are glad to hear that things are looking better... give our best to Jenny and we're looking forward to seeing you guys again sometime soon.

Tim and Kathy
 
Hi Seth and wife and children,

Have you started you new pill swallowing yet?

Is it one horse pill or a zillion small fighters?

As "Dori" the fish would say, "Keep swimmen, Keep swimming!"

Love from us and our boys

Can we catch you over Thanksgiving/Christmas?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?