Tuesday, October 03, 2006

 

Tuesday Update

A quick update on our status here at Fox Chase. I am getting close to getting discharged, with any luck it will be on Thursday. I am off IV's and just getting tube feedings thru my J-Tube. Unfortunately, my body isn't quite ready for the tube feed and most of it is running right through me. This is very normal, but the doctors want to wait and make sure things clear up a little bit. I am starting to eat small quantities of food and water. This is working pretty well but I can't eat too much at a time. The whole thing is a bit of a pain, but I am told that it gets better. Once I get home we'll have a pump to do the tube feeds overnight, with me eating regular food during the day. We'll see how this works out.

Jenny has continued to stick by my side each day, which I love her for. I am getting a little stir crazy in here and cannot wait to get home. We did get outside today in the 80 degree weather, which was great.

After 3 days without a roommate, I am getting one in my room. To be honest I could use the company and distraction. I hit if off with my first roommate, we really had some good conversations and will try to stay in touch.

That's it for now, hopefully we'll be home on Thursday afternoon.

Seth

Comments:
Seth,

I posted a comment to your 9/27 entry, instead of this one. Smart??
Oh well. I like your attitude, keep being positive!!!

Dave Swanson
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?