Wednesday, September 13, 2006

 

Wednesday Sept 13 Update

A quick update. I am back at home but not out of the woods. My ifosfamide treatment resulted in some pretty severe “mental confusion” symptoms. This is a common effect from this drug – I didn’t know the date, couldn’t, answer simple questions or explain simple concepts. The effects have largely subsided but I ended getting about 5/7th of the dose planned. It was a very scary experience for me, and I felt like I had Alzheimer's.

I am not tackling continued GI tract issues, largely in the form of trouble swallowing and a wicked cough. I am trying hard to stave of dehydration along with Jenny. I am getting a C/T scan done this week to check my chest, but I am hoping to avoid admission to the hospital.

Overall, it’s been very stressful and I am keep waiting for things to get better. All for now, please send emails vs phone calls please.

Comments:
Good to hear the kids are into the school routine...What is Jenny's job at PSU ???
 
Dear Seth -
We are mailing "No one Makes You Shop at Walmart" to you. I hope you enjoy (?) it - I haven't read it yet but Dave said it is pretty interesting. I have started back to grad school and am busily learning how to change the world... Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you,
Love, Lauren
 
Keep on rockin. Not just anyone earns the right to wear aviators.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?