Monday, September 25, 2006

 

Progress

Seth continues to improve each day and has been moved to a room now (309B). The docs seem pleased with his progress so far. He is getting tube feedings and being weaned off the IV nutrition. He's also alert a lot more, reading the newspaper, playing solitaire on the computer, etc. I am brushing up on my interpretive skills, as Seth's new throat is irritated by the NG tube and he is using his voice sparingly and relying on hand motions quite a bit. I have to admit that spending half my life with Seth has not translated into mind-reading skills. I'll blame it on Seth's lack of experience in playing charades.

Comments:
Hi Jenny.

Thanks for posting the update. Robyn and I are very happy that Seth is doing better.

Give my best to Seth and the kids.

Take care, Kouros

PS. I sent Seth a book. I did not include his room number on the address label but I am certain that the good folks at Fox Chase make sure that he gets the book.
 
Good morning Seth and Jenny,

I also have a package coming to you as of this afternoon during the preshool run.

Any chance eithor or you know sign language? I tried to teach some to Tom as a way of practicing my SN101 class! UG-plus he's a left paw!

Joe is enjoying "C" is for cookie week at school and Jake loves riding the bus with his cousin.

Love to all of you! Leah and men
 
Seth and Jenny,

I am glad to hear about Seth's progress. I can't imagine what the two of you are going through (with three boys yet). Seth, keep fighting--you're one hell of a role model for a lot of people. Jenny, thank you for keeping us up to date. He's very fortunate to have you with him for support. I know there is a long way to go, but all the "Camp Hill" boys would like to see you when you are feeling well enough. Take care of yourselves.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?