Thursday, September 07, 2006

 

The Latest

I’ve now been home from the hospital for a week and my recovery continues slowly. The cumulative effect has been good, though, and I am feeling much better than I was a week ago. It has now been 6 months since we discovered my recurrence. It is hard to put those 6 months in perspective, but I feel proud of the way our family has handled the challenges. The last month has been very demanding physically and emotionally, and I remain hopeful that we will get some good news soon.

Jenny started work this week at PSU and is confident that this job is going to be well suited for her. Getting 3 kids out the door in the morning (and herself to work) has been a big adjustment, as has being home alone all day for me. Nathan is enjoying his preschool and Spencer and Jack are finding Kindergarten and 2nd grade to be a blast.

I am heading down to Fox Chase tomorrow morning (Friday) for my next 4-day treatment. I’m not anxious to get back into a hospital gown and bed, but as long as I have energy and not much pain I’ll make the best of it. There will be some good football to watch over the weekend. My brother Rob is heading out to keep me company over the stay and drive me back to State College next Tuesday.

Jenny and I continue to thank you for your prayers, good wishes, emails, phone calls, and support – it really makes a difference for us.

Take care,
Seth

Comments:
Happy belated birthday cuz. I am so proud of you. Praying for you and your family always.

Joe
 
I've had my fingers crossed for months and will keep them crossed for the good news! (I'm sorry I've been just lurking on your blog)

-john
 
Good to hear the kids are into the school routine. What is Jenny doing at PSU ????

Ellis Grossnickle
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?