Thursday, September 14, 2006

 

Home Nursing

After some digging around, we found out how to get insurance to cover home nursing visits. Today we had a very nice local nurse come and give me a liter of saline via my port, and I'll get 3 more liters over the next week (1 liter every other day). This has made a huge difference in the way I feel, as I was getting dehydrated and dragging. Feel like I should do this for any chemo treatment. Jenny even can change the IV bag on the portable pump. It's very easy to do, actually. The nurse has to access the port, and leaves the tubing for the week.

I still have a hard time swallowing without coughing, but I've got time to figure it out and let the cough heal. My brother has left, but now my Dad is here through the weekend to helpout. That's all for now, C/T scan down in Altoona tomorrow, although we probably won't hear the results til Monday.

Seth

Comments:
I'm sending prayers that you're feeling better after so many struggles with side effects. I am amazed by what you and Jenny have been managing, and I think of you both often. I hope Jenny is enjoying her work at PSU, and that you are able to enjoy rest and healing at home. Natalie has also been updating Laura Cohn and I by email -- there are more people than you know sending prayers and good wishes!
Take care,
Mellicent
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?