Tuesday, August 22, 2006

 

Ups and Downs

It’s been another couple of crazy days. My scans showed that all tumors were stable (same size) which I was very happy to hear. I am confident that the tide will turn eventually.

My oncologist delayed chemotherapy while we treated and investigated my esophagitis. I got admitted to the hospital and got put on a pain pump, which has made a world of difference. I met with some GI doctors and got put on some anti-viral and anti-fungal medications to treat some of the common causes of esophagitis for chemotherapy patients. Depending on how things go, I may have an endoscopy done in the next day or two. I slept reasonably well Monday night in my narcotic state.

Things took a turn for the worse this morning when my resting pulse rate went up to near 200 and was erratic. I got moved to the 3rd floor for lots of drugs, testing, and analysis by the cardiac folks. I’m happy to report that my rate is now back to normal. The doctors call this condition atrial fibrillation. The jury is still out on what’s going on so hopefully I’ll have more to post later in the week.

Based on the way things are going, Jenny is going to stick around here for at least a couple more days. I am resting comfortably and not in a lot of pain, so I’m happy. I’ll have more to report on my next treatment soon.

Seth

Comments:
Dear Seth -
Just a note to let you know that we are thinking about you and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Love, Lauren & Dave
 
Hoping that things are calmer for you, Seth, and that your pain is well controlled. Will wait eagerly for more updates. Love to you, Jenny, and the boys,
Mell O'Brien
 
Hi, Seth. Sorry to hear about your latest hospitalization. You are a fighter, and if anyone can beat this, you can. Lauren and I are busily trying to get Fiona ready for the upcoming hunting season. We've joined the York Pointer and Setter Club, which has land, lots of like-miinded people, and a quail pen for dog training. They also host old fashioned field trials in which the judges and shooters ride on horseback. I've never seen one, but they are holding a Brittany field trial soon, and Lauren and I are going to go. I hope that you get some good news soon. Oh, I've finished my book "No One Makes You Shop at Wal-Mart", so if you're still interested, let me know and I'll get it to you. You and all of your family are in our prayers. Dave
 
Dear Seth and Jenny,

I'm holding on close to my cross necklace and sending my wishes for healing in your family straight to the Big One!

I enjoyed a minute on the phone with your brother and he's getting good at making noodles. : )

I'll add my available days to care for those boys because you now I do!

Leah
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?