Sunday, August 27, 2006

 

Sunday Update

Well I’m still in the hospital and feeling so-so. I had my endoscopy done Tuesday night and they discovered an ulcer in the esophagus wall. It was about 2cm in diameter. They decided to insert a feeding tube while I was still out, so since Wendnesday I have been eating high nutrition liquid food through my tube into my stomach. This is intended to give my ulcer a break for irritation. It runs up through my nose and down the back of my throat – it is not as uncomfortable as it sounds. I don’t taste the food, but I don’t mind for for now. They are planning on doing another endoscopy Monday morning to re-examine things.

The other issue is that I have developed “coarse” respiration, an occasional low-grade fever, and a wicked cough – all signs of pneumonia. My chest X-rays have back clear however, and they haven’t discovered a specific bacteria in my system. I am getting a couple different respiratory treatments to help things along. The worst part is the cough, since it keeps me up at night and just wears me out.

So, as you can see, staying in the hospital isn’t doing me any favors. Tomorrow will be a big day to determine what the next steps are. I am still hoping to do chemotherapy this week but am currently in no shape to do it.

Re-reading this entry, I sound more like an 80 year old than a 35 year old, I hope that isn’t the case next time.

That’s all for now.

Seth

Comments:
Hi Seth. I tried to send you an email a few hours ago but it came back to me. I guess I don't have your correct address.
Are you up for visitors? I'm off on Tuesday and Wednesday and would like to see you. Let me know.
Love, Sarah
 
Hey Seth,

The DOGs are getting together for the Steelers Thursday night opener against Miami on Sept 7th at my house. Don't know if you are up for it, but everyone would love to see you. Hope you are feeling well enough to make it.

If there is anything Brenda and I can do, let us know.

Take Care,

Rich Lucas
 
Seth - Hang in there man! We're all thinking of you and sending good thoughts and prayers. Happy Birthday if I forget to let you know in time :-)

--Ryan
 
Hey Seth, Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you, Jenny and the kids. I hope that this week has been better than last. And, if you were an 80 year old (or 90 year old maybe) you would have some story about how much law school cost (in pennies!). Hope you are feeling better. Sending my love to you, Jenny and the kids.

Cindy H.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?