Saturday, August 19, 2006

 

Not feeling well

I am currently down in Philly staying at my parent’s house. It’s been a rough week for me -- my esophagus has gotten much worse, as bad as it’s ever been. At times the pain is quite severe. I managed to get in to see the doctor yesterday while I was in for my C/T scans at Fox Chase. I got some IV fluids, and I am taking percocet and using a strong medicated mouthwash. Unfortunately I am able to eat very little. I am hoping things will improve before my treatment on Monday. Depending on the results of my scans, the doctor will reevaluate the chemo drugs I am currently taking. The doxorubicin is what is causing the espophagitis, and because I am nearing the lifetime limit of dosage for that drug, she may take me off of it.

The kids had a great time at Hershey Park on Wednesday. The day was a little much for me, and I spent my time moving from one shaded park bench to the next. I was also able to fit in a brief visit to SRI on Thursday and catch up with my co-workers. I wasn’t feeling great, but it was very nice to see everybody. My friend Ted came up to visit Friday morning and drove me down to the train station in Harrisburg (thanks Ted!) and I took the train to Philly from there.

I am hoping to be able to post some good news in a few days about my latest scans. Say a prayer and think positive thoughts, because I could really use some good news.

Jenny came down from State College today with the kids, so we are all back together again. Nathan is turning 3 tomorrow, so we’ll be celebrating that here with my parents (complete with a Fudgy the Whale cake from Carvel!)

That’s all for now, I’ll post again soon.

Take care,
Seth

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?