Tuesday, August 01, 2006

 

Back from the Beach

It’s been a while since I’ve posted an update. We spent a wonderful 8 days in Sea Bright and had a great time. We had a number of friends visit and spend time with us there, and the weather was very cooperative. Jack, Spencer and I went fishing with my Uncle Alan and caught some fluke, and we got in lots of time at the beach. My back is slowly getting stronger, and I am finding myself able to do more and more. Jenny has since returned to State College with the kids, and I am now in Philadelphia.

I was supposed to get admitted to Fox Chase yesterday for my 4-day infusion, but the hospital didn’t have any beds available (it is a 100-bed hospital). I am currently waiting to hear from them about getting admitted today. The nice thing is that I was able to spend the day with my Mom instead, and visited my sister and grandfather as well. While at the hospital I did visit with my oncologist. I will be getting another C/T scan in 3 weeks to see how things look. She also is increasing my ifosfamide dose since I tolerated the first round of AIM so well. Hopefully this won’t cause too much trouble, but I’m willing to put up with the side effects if it is going to help shrink the tumors.

In other news, it looks like Jenny will be starting some part-time work at Penn State in September. The University conducts a lot of childhood obesity research, so this is a chance for Jenny to use her nutrition education and experience as a parent in a professional environment. Jack is attending Flag Football camp this week and will be playing in a Flag league this fall. He is a big football fan and is very excited about getting to play.

I am way behind on returning emails (thanks to my vacation), but I plan on catching up while in the hospital.

Take care,
Seth

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?