Monday, July 17, 2006

 

In State College Again

I am now back in State College, I was discharged Saturday morning. My brother and my cousin Joe managed to get me back home without too much trouble. I slept about 16 hours on Saturday night, and I am generally feeling quite tired. Fortunately I have not had the nausea that I experienced in previous cycles. My stay at Fox Chase went smoothly and there are definite advantages to getting my treatments as an inpatient. I was very thankful for the large volume of email I received; it really helped me stay positive and connected. I haven’t been able to respond to everyone yet, but I’ll catch up soon. I also enjoyed catching up with Chris, and old friend from the Navy and now a pilot for Jet Blue. I’ll be resting at home this week, and then we are planning on heading down to Sea Bright next week. I’ll be back at Fox Chase on July 31st for my next round, it seems too close already. I’m not sure when my next set of C/T’s will take place, but it may be as soon as mid-August.

My twin brother is often asked if he feels at increased risk to get sarcoma since it happened to me. While he was at the hospital Rob met my oncologist, also an identical twin as it turns out, and she assured him that he shouldn’t worry or run out a get a C/T scan. Sarcoma is very uncommon and there isn’t any data to support a strong genetic link.

The Zidane head-butt has taken on a life of its own, and here is a funny link that displays some creative editing.

It’s supposed to hit 95 here today, and it sounds like it’s hot all over. Hope everyone is well, I’ll continue to keep the blog updated.

Take care,
Seth

Comments:
Seth,

It's good to hear that the large tumor has stopped growing; I trust that you and your doctors will make the appropriate decisions as the time comes. You are by far one of the most informed patients that I have met! My sister, who is working as a nurse in Philadelphia, agrees.

As always, don't hesitate to ask if you need anything, be it from me or the SRI collective :-)

Ryan
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?