Thursday, May 11, 2006

 

Some Very Sad News

It is with a heavy heart that I pass along that Jenny’s mother Helen passed away peacefully at home yesterday after a 2 year battle with ovarian cancer. Fortunately, Jenny and I were able to visit with her mother this last Sunday. Helen was as generous and loving of a person and mother as you could hope to know, and she will be dearly missed by her family. She is survived by her husband Jim, 6 children, 14 grandchildren and a single great-grandchild. Please keep the Imgrund family in your prayers.

I apologize for not keeping the blog up to date, but it has been a tough week. I received my infusions on Monday at Fox Chase, and everything went very smoothly. In addition to the chemo drugs I received several other drugs to combat potential side effects. By Monday night I was feeling pretty fatigued, and by Tuesday I was having some major nausea. The trial requires that I return to the hospital on days 2,3,4,7, and 10 for pharmacokinetic labs (where the measure the level of drugs in your system). I was vomiting pretty regularly Tuesday and Wednesday, so when we went in to the doctor Wednesday, they gave me a couple of hours of saline and some other anti-nausea drugs, including a new prescription for home. Since that time I’ve felt MUCH better, although I am still quite tired. Hopefully the lessons we’re learning from this cycle will help us stay ahead of things next time. I’ve been able to eat some, which is also a big help. I’m heading back in today for more labs, and then will have a few days off. Jenny and I are in the process of making arrangements to cover my medical obligations and get up to Camp Hill for her mother’s funeral (which will probably be on Monday). Right now it all seems like a little too much, but we will continue to take things one day at a time. Thanks for your continued good wishes, prayers, cards and emails.

Seth

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?