Sunday, March 19, 2006

 

Special Thanks

It's Sunday morning, and I have another good night of sleep behind me, it feels good. My legs are still weak, and my balance isn't all there yet, but I am getting around pretty well.

Some many of you have helped in many ways, but there are a couple of thank yous I wanted to send out today.

First, to my brother Rob, whose presence in NYC was invaluable, and who got me back to PA. THANK YOU, I'm proud to have you as a brother. For those that don't know, Rob is my twin and lives in California with his own family, so we don't get to see each other as often as we would like. Rob has been training hard for this upcoming cycling season and I 'm hoping he can get back on track quickly. Rob and I are awaiting some genetic testing results to determine our zygosity, since we've always wondered "Fraternal or Identical?". We should hear soon.

Secondly, to all my Cornell Rockledge brothers who crawled out of the NYC woodwork to help me out before I even got there. Your advice, time, calls, visits etc were very much appreciated, it felt good to be back in your company. A special thanks to Kurt and Jim for your continued medical guidance and support, I can' thank you enough.

Thirdly, to my guardian angels, Tom and JoAnne of Bayonne, NJ. Your dial-a-mattress, your Cadillac, and the Judickee's donuts were all integral parts of my "escape from New York", and I can't say how much it meant to our family.

Another thank you to the community of State College, PA. My parents were simply overwhelmed by the amount of genuine support shown by the entire community here, and Jenny and I can't believe how lucky we are to have ended up in such a caring community.

Lastly, to my wife and parents, you already know how I feel......

OK, enough for now.

Jenny and I should have some more schedule details on my upcoming treatment early this week, we'll share as it becomes available.

Until then, visits and phone calls are very welcome.

Seth

Comments:
Seth -

I've been following through the updates from Carolyn, and I'm so glad to hear that things are going well, it sounds like you are recovering fast. Hang in there, hopefully I'll in for work at SRI the day you come back to visit us. The hallway just isn't the same without you!

Hugs, and all my best wishes for you and your family (and the puppy),
- Linden
 
Seth,

Glad to hear that you're feeling better, everyone at SRI is pulling for you! Take care, and we hope to see you soon. Enjoy the cookies!

Ryan Etzel
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?