Tuesday, March 21, 2006

 

Latest Schedule

It looks like Jenny and I will be heading to NYC next week for a few days (29th-31st) to meet w/ several doctors. First, I'll be meeting with a Radiation Oncologist, Dr Yamada, to discuss the radiation treatment on my spine. The plan is to use a single high energy treamtment on the effected verterbrae. With proper modeling, they have the ability to steer the X-rays within 2mm of your spinal cord, giving max lethality to the cancer cells and minimizing collateral damage to healthy tissue. The actual radiation treatment will probably occur the first week of April.

Second, we'll be meeting with an Oncologist, Dr D'Adamo, to discuss my chemotherapy options. Because of the remaining disease in my body, a systemic treatment is going to be required. Sloan has several clinical trials going on, and Jenny and I are researching as much as we can to determine what "new" therapies might work best. Because Sarcoma is rare, many of these approaches are largely experimental. We've also spoken to my original Oncologist in Washington DC to see what approaches he might recommend.

I'm now off the major pain killers and I've had to slow down a little bit. My back is quite tender and keeps telling me to stay, while my legs are feeling antzy to walk around a get stronger. Jenny's brother Mark is in town helping with the kids, so things are peaceful around the house.

I read a book called "Freakonomics" yesterday which was quite good and seemed to keep my mind occupied on other things. Any good book recommendations are welcome!

Seth

Comments:
If you like mysteries or the southwest, I would reccomend Tony Hillerman. He has a nice series about Navaho police or some nonfiction. I'm glad to here youfound good medical help, and are recovering well.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?