Thursday, March 16, 2006

 

Initial post

Well I am happy to report that Jenny and I have arrived home this afternoon, (Thursday) from Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital in NY.

I am recovering well from my spinal surgery. All of you have been a bedrock of support our family over the last 2 weeks, and Jenny and I send our most sincere thanks and appreciation for all support offered and lent. For those of you who are hearing about this for the first time, we apologize that it has been difficult to get information out easily to our friends. We literally have not been home since the morning of March 3, when we received a phone call from my oncologist at Hershey.

A brief summary: I was re-diagnosed with a pelvic tumor on 3/3/06, another sarcoma. (an original tumor was removed 2 years ago and things had been going well until recently). The drs also discovered a tumor in the spine which required near immediate removal. Jenny and I traveled to NY because of their spinal sarcoma surgical expertise at Sloan Memorial. Surgery was on 3/10 and I’m home 6 days later. I will be following up with radiation and chemo in the months to come based on the current state of the disease, but we have found the leading sarcoma doctors around and are in very good hands.
This is a web blog where Jenny and I can disseminate info much more efficiently that we are now. We just haven’t been able to respond to every phone call and email, but appreciate them just the same. And we are especially thankful for all the prayers coming our way! Look for updates in the next day or 2.

Take care, Seth and Jenny

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?